Friday, June 26, 2009
just a lil light on the subject
with the divorce rate a mere 72% it came across my mind that maybe divorce is the easy way out or that people use it as an excuse.... I understand that things happen in a relationship, and I got talking with my grandpa about how so many people get divorced, and he had some VERY good points.... He told me that hollywood has ruined love and how we see it. That we see the guy kiss the girl once... and then she hops in bed with him. And that is most definately not how it works. Nor is that how it should ever work. He also explained to me that people often feel that everything in a relationship should go smoothly. Once again I know certain things happen.... but he said " yeah your grandmother could get angry and upset.. and would sometimes throw fits... but i loved her, and i miss her." he continued to go on about how people tend to think that if things get rough or its not all happiness all the time then they up and leave. He exclaimed to me that " when you marry someone its not through all the good times, its ALL times, and we need to keep that in mind." I often worry that the same will happen to me, but then I realize those thoughts are not of the lord... they are from satan, and I know if I do my best to my partner and she does her best to me, then we can make it!!! I love you all. And I am not trying to say I want to get married.... I honestly dont care when I get married, because its not about WHEN you get married... its about WHO you marry... just some light that i have kinda had this week.... :D ALL NIGHT VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT ON SATURDAY!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is Great insight from your Grandpa Richard Price. I Love you Justin.
ReplyDeleteShane Carter